Are you contemplating a charitable contribution to the Trust? We offer several reasons below why giving to the Trust is an excellent decision, but it may also help to hear from our current donors and learn why they're giving.
Tax advantages and charitable deductions
All donations to the Hospital Trust are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. But in 2012, qualifying donors may have a special opportunity to make an IRA charitable rollover, if Congress extends an opportunity offered in 2010 and 2011. If you are 70 1/2, you may be able to contribute up to $100,000 of your required IRA distribution to the Hospital Trust, tax-free. Please call Mary Bennett at 513 664 3850 for more details on this potential giving opportunity, subject to approval of the 2012 Congress.Why they are giving
Why they are giving
Each year, hundreds of new and established donors realize "Giving is Good Medicine" and make donations to the Trust. Here are some of the most popular reasons our donors give:
- They are grateful for the treatment that they, or a family member, received.
- They want to honor or memorialize someone special to them and their community.
- They want to inspire and motivate others to give.
- Their gifts are tax-deductible.
- They want to benefit a specific fund, program or department.
- They want to benefit the community.
- They will be recognized on our Donor Wall.
- They will receive an income stream with certain tax-deductible gifts.
Who is giving?
The Trust receives contributions from individuals, families, corporations and foundations. Our donors are McCullough-Hyde patients, families of patients, McCullough-Hyde physicians, staff and volunteers, members of the hospital board, citizens in the hospital's service area, and grant-making organizations.
Back to top